Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Quick gifts

We had a house warming party to attend on Saturday that I had rememered but had forgotten to pick up a gift. Saturday I went to my favorite vineyard, Zorvino's, right up the street and picked up 2 bottles of wine. I picked up their Bacca Z, a blackberry wine and their Fragole Z, a strawberry wine. Both are very yummy.

I decided to dress up their gift and made wine bags.

Then I remembered I have champgne flutes left from a project and placed everything in a basket.


The wine bags are very simple to make. I took my measurements from my wine bottle. Take a rectangular piece of fabric, fold the top down 3/4", stitch around the top using a 1/2 seam allowance. I like to use a contrasting thread, but you can always use a coordinating thread. Then fold the piece of fabric in 1/2, right sides together, stitch down the sides and bottom, leaving the top open. Flip right side out, slip your bottle of wine in and tie a ribbon or string around the neck of the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment