Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Amy Butler Blossom Bag




I've finished the Amy Butler Blossom Bag. It's taken me a long time because I would work on it a little bit at a time. I had finished cutting out all the pieces the other day and I sat down today determined to finish it. It is by no means perfect and there are defentaly parts where I could improve upon. But it is my first post-wedding project that took more than 5 minutes.  




It's hard to see but where the flap attaches, but it could use some work.


I did not change the pattern or make any amends to it at all. However, I did use an apparel fabric instead of a home decor fabric for the exterior. The interfacing that the pattern called for is called Peltex 70. What a amazing interfacing, it is very stiff but still fexible at the same time. If you want to try the pattern out for yourself you can find it here at Sew, Mama, Sew! or you can but Amy Butler's book, Amy Butler’s Style Stitches: 12 Easy Ways to 26 Wonderful

It is much bigger than I anticpated but I'm excited for a new purse!




Creations by Kara


5 comments:

  1. You did a great job on this purse! I've been eying that pattern too, but it's still on my "to-do" list. The fabrics that you used are really pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag...it's beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful bag! You did a great job. I love the fabric that you used, the pattern is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bag. You did a great job on it. I have that Amy Butler patterns are sometimes difficult to understand. I have been wanting to try one for awhile. Do you recommend this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made several of these and can contest that these definitely labors of love! I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete